Elgin Cool Wine and Country Food 2017
The harvest has come to an end, the vineyards are decked in their autumn finery and just as the first vestiges of winter can be felt in the crisp air, the Elgin Wine valley opens its doors to visitors from far and wide for the annual Elgin Cool Wine and Country Food Festival which is to be held over the weekend of 29-30 April 2017 from 10h00 until 17h00 daily.
Each of the participating wineries will offer a unique programme, allowing patrons to tailor-make their experience according to their own personal preferences, whilst enjoying a welcome alternative to the hustle and bustle of city life.
Award winning wines, a delectable culinary experience, a plethora of outdoor activities, live entertainment and natural scenic wonders will ensure that visitors, young and old, enjoy a memorable time in this hospitable valley.
Tailor-made Wine Tasting options to suit all tastes
Wine Connoisseur? Wine Lover? Or novice?
Enjoy the variety of tailor-made tasting experiences that cater to everyone's needs – MCC tastings, chocolate and wine pairings, vertical tastings and casual, informal wine tastings – whilst revelling in the beauty of the tranquil surrounds of the Elgin Valley.
With popular artists and groups such as Ike Moriz Duo, Peter Liebbrandt and Jared Prior Entertainment, a variety of genre's, including rock, blues and country, let down your hair, jiggle a jive and get the party started.
Rumbling tummies and salivating taste buds will all be satisfied by the plethora of delicious foods to be served by the various wine farms.
From pop-up kitchens to food trucks, pull pork rolls, tapas, sushi to delicious cheese platters, a la carte menu's and fillet on the grill – all appetites will be satisfied.
Candy floss, pizza popcorn, hamburgers and slush puppies with keep little tummies satisfied.
While mom and dad sip and sample, the kiddies can enjoy fun times with the many activities on offer in the valley from tractor rides, jumping castles, face painting, lawn games, Boulle courts to wide open spaces to run and play.
Early bird entry tickets to the festival cost R140 per person (over 18's) and can be bought online from www.webtickets.co.za and includes your tasting glass, festival programme, access to participating farms, live entertainment and wine tasting of a selection of three (3) wines of your choice at any of the participating wine estates.
- Depending on availability, tickets may be purchased on the day at the Elgin Cool Wine & Country Food festival office at the Peregrine Farm Stall – these tickets are priced at R160 per person.
- Tasting glasses and festival programmes must be collected at the festival office at Peregrine Farm Stall prior to visiting any of the farms.
- All children younger than 18 and accompanied by an adult may enter for free.
- Guests are advised to pre-book activities and meals as space is limited and payable separately.
Don't Drink & Drive
- Please note that the festival promotes designated drivers and the responsible use of alcohol.
- No alcohol will be served to children under 18 years old.